I take the buying process as seriously as our buyers do, therefore I offer nothing but the highest quality of service to my clients. When you decide to purchase your home, make sure you hire an experienced Accredited Buyers Representative. Buying your home is one of the most important purchases you will make, so make sure you have the right agent who can provide you with the experience and the service you deserve.
When you understand current market conditions, you are better able to make an informed intelligent decision on your pruchase offer. It helps to know if you are in a Seller's, Buyer's or Balanced market when setting your offer price. In a Buyer's market there is a lot more competition and Buyers have plenty of choices and room to negotiate.
Here are some of the steps I will take to find your perfect home:
Determine Your Wants and Needs
This is the single most important step. By asking you a series of questions I will establish what you are looking for. My goal is to not waste your time by looking at properties that are not in your price range or homes that don't meet you needs. Throughout the buying process I will maintain your confidentiality and represent your best interests.
Help You Get Pre-Qualified
This step will show you how much you can afford. This is accomplished by speaking with your financial institution and establishing what monthly payments you will be comfortable with.
We will use every available method to locate a property that matches your search parameters. This will include properties listed with our office, offered through other real estate companies, as well as unlisted properties. We will disclose all known facts about the property that are likely to affect your decision. When we find the home that meets your criteria, now what?
1. I will complete a Comparative Market Analysis of similar properties on the Windsor Essex County Real Estate Board MLS system to find the currnet market value of the property you're interested in. Sellers can ask any price they want for a home. It doesn't means it's worth that amount or you should pay that amount.
2. Formulate and prepare the offer based off of your needs and wants.
3. Present the offer and negotiate with the seller and their agent on your behalf to secure a deal most favourable to you.
4. Once we have an accepted offer I will assist in arranging all inspections and insure your financing and all other conditions in your offer are handled in a timely fashion.
5. Forward all necessary paperwork to your lawyer to begin the closing process.
Buyer agents work on your behalf and are legally obligated to represent your best interests. Just as listing agents are obligated to look out for the best interest of their clients, the sellers. All at no cost to you, the buyer.
Don Merrifield Jr ABR.
RE/MAX Preferred Realty Ltd. Brokerage